Saturday, October 2, 2010

Alina Name Frame

Tonight I made a name frame for my friend Fred's daughter Alina, who will be turning 1 year old next Saturday.

In the past we used a different alphabet to make our name frames, something more shabby and vintage-looking. Because this was for a baby, Caryl loaned me this Stampin' Up! alphabet that she saved from the "sell" pile - and thank goodness, because it's whimsical and perfect for a little girl's name.

Fred told me that Alina's room is purple and white so I knew what the color theme would be. I checked out the button section of Joann's and found the little flowers on the letters as well as the purple lady bugs. The ribbon with fabric flowers was a great find because it fit the color scheme and filled in the lower section of the frame. Thanks to Caryl for reminding me of the bird punch, which ended up perfect to fill the upper left corner. The shadow-box frame was $10 at Joann's, so the total cost of the name frame is under $20 - not bad for a birthday gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment